Ebola is spread through direct physical contact with body fluids…
How can you protect yourself from Ebola?
- Report all suspected cases to the nearest health facility immediately.
- For further information send a FREE SMS to U-report on: 8500 or call toll-free on: 0800 100 066.
- People who are suspected to have died from Ebola must be buried immediately, by a trained Ministry of Health burial team to prevent the spread of Ebola.
- Disinfect the bedding and clothing of any person suspected to have died from Ebola with JIK.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and clean water after handling a patient infected with Ebola or the body of a person who has died from Ebola.
- Avoid communal washing of hands during funeral rites.
- People suspected to be suffering from Ebola should be taken to the nearest health facility immediately.
- Avoid direct contact with body fluids of a person suspected to be suffering from Ebola by using protective materials e.g. gloves and masks.
- People handling the body of a person who is suspected to have died of Ebola should wear strong protective materials like gloves and masks.
- Avoid touching or eating bush meat especially from monkeys, bats, baboons, gorillas and chimpanzees.